Editor’s Note: Cate O’Malley of Sweetnicks joins us today with an awesome style hint.
The hottest color in your wardrobe this year? Tangerine! Thanks goes to the Pantone team for announcing it as the color of 2012. Tangerine goes great with all sorts of colors when planning your outfit, but particularly with darker colors (think navy and black) and lighter neutral colors (ivory, peach, and cream). If you think wearing tangerine isn’t for you, start small and go with accessories as you warm up to the new (hot!) shade.
Don’t have tangerine-hued items in your wardrobe? Not to worry, we’re here to help!
- Bring back the Pashmina trend with this soft shawl.
- This chunky cocktail ring from Bluefly is sure to be a conversation starter (and likewise, stores like Pier 1, believe it or not, have similar rings for a fraction of the price).
- Get your flip-flop on with this sleek and trendy pair from Ralph Lauren.
- Keep it classic with this Dooney & Burke hobo-style handbag.
- Incorporate the eye-popping combination of turquoise and tangerine for your wedding with these awesome men’s ties and bowties.
- Gorgeous lace-up boots bring a little bit ‘o sunshine to your winter wardrobe.
- These sophisticated shoes will be a nice color pop to finish off your outfit (and you can celebrate Zappos’ free shipping to boot).
Also, check out all the images above for more great tangerine clothes and accessories.
Do you have any tangerine in your wardrobe yet? Tell us about it!
Cate O’Malley is a freelance writer and photographer in NJ. When not writing about being a divorced mom of two, health and fitness, dating, and cooking at www.sweetnicks.com, she’s working tangerine into her wardrobe to celebrate the Color of 2012.
About the Author (Author Profile)Cate O'Malley is a freelance writer and blogger. She lives in New Jersey with her two young children and sweet dog.
Sites That Link to this Post
- For the Love of Soccer | Food and Life | January 9, 2012