I always admire those artfully presented motivational quotes that can be hung or displayed. Whenever I am in HomeGoods or T.J. Maxx, I happily peruse them, and think about purchasing one for my workspace. Surrounding yourself with positive affirmations can make such a wonderful impact on your work. But in the end, they are never quite what I am looking for.
See, while those motivational quote plaques and frames are lovely, they aren’t my style. I have simple, clean tastes. Perhaps that why’s beach-inspired decor appeals so much to me. It’s peaceful and serene … not busy. But recently, I was in Target and had this amazing idea … why not make my own? So I did … and it was so easy and fulfilling.
I started with the motivational quotes — one from Walt Disney, one from Oprah and one from JFK. They were all perfect fits for my age and stage. Choosing the quotes was really the most challenging part of the whole thing. Once I had those, it was a cinch to cut, paste and put together.
And the cost? Can’t be beat — I made this project for under $5.
Here’s how you can make your own.
DIY Inspiration Frame with Motivational Quotes
What you need:
- a computer/printer
- cardboard/heavy stock paper
- glue stick
- Choose quotes that inspire you. You’ll need one for each of the slots on your frame. Mine had three, so that’s how many I selected.
- Create stylized quotes on your computer using the quotes you selected and print them out.
- Cut out the quotes — cut them in squares, approximately the size you will need for the frame.
- Cut the cardboard/heavy stock paper to fit the opening(s) in the farm. My three across frame used one continuous piece of stock paper. Glue the quotes to the cardboard/heavy stock paper where they will be seen through the glass in the frame.
- Fit the cardboard/heavy stock paper into the frame. Close it up. Enjoy!
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, husband and two beagles. And she loves the beach, writing and good books ...
Sites That Link to this Post
- Banana Toffee Muffins | Sarah's Cucina Bella | July 2, 2012