What do beach lovers do on the weekend? Yes, they play at the beach, hit the water and stick their toes in the sand. But when the beach gets too crowded (it happens), or you just want to do something different, there are so many awesome festivals here in Connecticut to enjoy. Fairs and festivals can be great places to experience new foods (fresh oysters, anyone?), meet artists and ask questions and ride in historic tall ships. And often, they offer something for everyone.
If you are looking for a summer festival in Connecticut for beach lovers, these will be perfect.
- Pirates Weekend on Sheffield Island—Sheffield Island Dock, Norwalk, 7/14-7/15 and 7/21-7/22
- Gathering of the Vibes Music Festival—Seaside Park, Bridgeport, 7/19-7/22 (family day 7/22)
- Meet the Artists and Artisans—Guilford Green, Guilford, 7/19-22
- Fish Tales, Tugs, & Sails—New London Historic Waterfront, New London, 7/21
- Roll’n on the River—1010 Washington Blvd., Stamford, 7/22
- Ocean Beach Park Fireworks and Silly Hat Parade—Ocean Beach Park, New London, 7/27
- Great American Sand Sculpture Competition—Walnut Beach, Milford, 7/28
- Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous—Mystic Seaport, Mystic, 7/28-7/29
- Meet the Artists and Artisans Summer Show—Olde Mistick Village, Mystic, 7/28-29
- Festival! Stratford-American Shakespeare Festival Theater, Stratford, 8/1-8/5
- Taste of the Caribbean – Riverfront, Hartford 8/4
- SoNo Arts Celebration-South Norwalk, Norwalk, 8/4-8/5
- Walnut Beach Arts & Crafts Festival – Walnut Beach, Milford 8/5
- Family Maritime Festival-Connecticut River Museum, Essex, 8/11
- Mystic Outdoor Art Festival- Downtown Mystic, Mystic, 8/11-8/12
- Riverfront Dragon Boat Festival- Mortensen Riverfront Plaza, Hartford, 8/18-8/19
- Milford Oyster Festival –Milford Harbor, Milford 8/18
- Norwalk Seaport Association Oyster Festival—Veteran’s Memorial Park, Norwalk, 9/7-9/9
Special thanks to CTVisit.com for providing information for this list.